At Curumbene we endeavour to make the planning of school camps as easy as possible. The following information will assist with this task, but if you require any further information please don’t hesitate to contact us so we can assist you.
Once you have requested a booking the following procedure will apply:
- We will require a completed booking form and deposit
- You will then be sent a confirmation letter and Camp Curumbene folder to keep a record of information for Camp and this will include a sample programme. Of course this suggested programme can be altered at anytime to meet the particular needs of your group.
- Closer to the commencement of your camp we will contact you to discuss and finalise your programme requirements.
- One week prior to camp we will forward a final numbers and dietary requirement form, which you will need to complete and return to us.
WHAT TO BRING TO CAMP:
Along with the general packing list, teachers and camp leaders are suggested to consider to bringing along the following;
- First Aid Kit
- Sports Equipment
- CD Player
- Musical Instruments and Sheet Music
- Trivial Pursuit or Quiz Questions
Students may also bring along their tennis racquets if they wish to use the tennis court in their free time.
WHEN YOU ARRIVE:
First the bus is unloaded and then the students and staff are invited into the dining room for the orientation briefing. Kate and Charles will introduce the Camp Curumbene staff and give a camp information briefing, then the students will be invited to get their bags and settle into their cabin.
Depending on the time of day, the students will either have lunch (brought from home) or embark on a guided walk around the camp…this will reinforce the camp rules and boundaries as discussed in the briefing.
While the students are having their orientation walk, Ian will meet with all the Staff for a safety briefing, and talk through the general running of the camp, duty group information and activities schedules. This takes about 20 minutes, by this time the students have returned and it’s time to get into the activities.
AFTER YOU LEAVE:
After you have enjoyed your stay at Camp Curumbene we would love to hear your feedback! We are constantly striving to ensure our facilities and service are as good as they can possibly be and we would appreciate it if you took just a few minutes to fill out our short online questionarre.Camp Curumbene Online Feedback Form
DOCUMENTS THAT MAY ASSIST YOUR PLANNING:
You are able to download the following documents:
- General Rules and conditions of hire
- Booking form
- Room Plan
- Activities Site Plan
- Camp and surroundings site plan
- Local emergency contacts
- Meal Duty Group Information
- Activities Information Sheet
The following information is available by contacting us directly.
- Emergency Management Plan (EMP)
- Certificate of Currency (Public Liability Insurance)